I have to tell you this Benefit being put together by my brother Rob & Julie’s brother Joe is really coming together. I am so glad I can help because I am getting to see first hand all these fabulous people go out of their way to help us. What really amazes me is the level of Silent Auction items we have received for this benefit.
To list a few:
- Family Fun Pack for 4 to the Kemah Boardwalk (This includes free rides for a whole day, free ride on the big boat, free visit to stingray reef, and lots more)
- Free Teeth Whitening
- Free Passes to Space Center Houston for One Year
- Free Party for 25 people at Hooters
- Padres Baseball signed by Cy Young Winner Greg Maddux
- 2006 NCAA Final Four Vest from Atlanta
- Oakland Raiders signed football
- 4 Free Tickets to the Circus
- Items from the Houston Texans
- Free Night at a Bed & Breakfast in Kemah
- Free Night at the Hilton Hotel in Clear Lake
And much much more.
So, if you are in Houston, please come out and visit us on Saturday, June 2 at Miramar Park, 1109 Hammer Street, Seabrook, Texas. We will have BBQ, Live Texas Country Music, $10 Raffle for a Camouflage Shotgun.
11:00 a.m. Benefit Starts
12:00 p.m. BBQ Served
12:00 – 4:00 p.m. Free Skin Cancer Screening
12:00 – 2:00 p.m. Mark Miller Band
2:00 – 4:00 p.m. Austin Band
4:00 p.m. Silent Auction Ends and Winner of Shotgun Raffle Announced
5:00 p.m. Benefit Ends
Lots of Kids Activities including a Moonwalk
BBQ (donations only)
Free Skin Cancer Screening
This benefit will help fund additional cancer research at the Mary Crowley Center. I am also happy to report that we have convinced Julie that part of the proceeds will go to help her fly back and forth to Dallas to receive treatment. She has to go every week for a year!